Research advances on circular economy: Sustainable material selection and rebound effects
Despite growing efforts by political bodies, companies and researchers to support the transition towards a more sustainable and circular economy, we are still behind schedule.
The seminar (online and in person) organised by the University of Brescia (Italy) on 17 October at 15:00 CEST will address the following challenges that are slowing down this transition:
- the need for quantitative but easy-to-handle methods to support decision-making in the product design phase, particularly concerning material selection for sustainability,
- the potential rebound effects that undercut the expected sustainability gains of moves towards circularity.
- Introduction - Nicola Saccani, RISE Lab, University of Brescia
- Escape tool for sustainability evaluation to support decision-making in the product design phase - Elza Bontempi, Chemistry for Technologies Lab, University of Brescia
- To what extent are circularity initiatives leading to enhanced sustainability performance? - Daniela Pigosso, Technical University of Denmark
- Q&A and discussion