7th European Environmental Evaluators Network Forum: The impact of evaluating environment and climate policies
The 7th European Environmental Evaluators Network Forum (2018 EEEN Forum), co-hosted by the European Economic and Social Committee and the European Environment Agency, took place on 22 and 23 November 2018 in the premises of the European Economic and Social Committee.
The Forum brought together evaluation practitioners, academics, policy-makers, representatives of civil society and other users of environmental evaluations to share views, knowledge and experiences about the impact of evaluating environment and climate policies in recent years.
Among the many subjects discussed were:
- circular economy policies: a method to address the social and environmental nexus,
- seaweed cultivation: an important part of the future blue and circular economies,
- environmental sustainability in the circular bioeconomy: the case of the forest-based bioenergy,
- forests between bio- and circular economy: connecting sustainable management and use,
- the key role of waste composition data in evaluating waste and material policy achievements and options in a circular economy.