One hundred circular model households: making European households sustainable through inclusive circular practices
The European Commission's Horizon Europe Framework Programme has launched an innovation action on One hundred circular model households that seeks to make European households sustainable through inclusive circular practices. The deadline is 28 March 2023 at 17:00 Brussels time.
The innovation action supports the European Green Deal. A successful proposal will contribute to the following impacts: i) accelerate regional, rural, local/urban and consumer-based transitions, and ii) improve on the benefits for consumers and the general public.
Project results are expected to contribute to all the following outcomes:
- Significant, well-documented increase in material efficiency in participating households;
- Significant reduction in emissions of GHG and other pollutants, including micro- and nanoplastic fibres from these households, and an increase in carbon removals;
- Improvement of living conditions in participating households;
- Multiplier effect regarding the replication of the approach and its benefits; leading by example;
- Lessons learnt for a European rollout strategy and integration with sectoral strategies such as the Circular Cities and Regions Initiative (CCRI).