EPA Research Ireland opens research call for circular economy
The EPA is seeking proposals from the research community to help identify solutions to climate change and other emerging and complex environmental problems. With up to €10,5 million available for new research projects, the funding will be provided under the four EPA Research 2030 interconnected research hubs, including Facilitating a green and circular economy.
The Research Call is designed to support the design and implementation of environmental policies in Ireland. Innovative research proposals are invited in response to 46 research topics. The new research projects are expected to start in late 2021/early 2022 and will range from 12-month to multi-annual research projects.
The indicative timeframe is as follows:
- 19 May 2021: Call opening
- 7 July 2021 at 17:00 GMT: Deadline for queries relating to the technical contents of this call
- 14 July 2021 at 17:00 GMT: Submission deadline
- 21 July 2021 at 17:00 GMT: Approval deadline
- July/September 2021: Evaluation process
- October/November 2021: Negotiation
- November/December 2021: Grant award of successful projects
- By 31 March 2022: Start of successful projects
Read more about the 2021 EPA Research Call and how to apply.