ECOALF makes swimwear and jackets from PET and recycled polyester
ECOALF is a Spanish fashion company with a sustainable profile. ECOALF makes swimwear from 100 % recycled fabrics made from PET and recycled polyester.
ECOALF was founded in 2009, when Javier Goyeneche sought to develop a sustainable fashion brand that would integrate breakthrough technology in textile production to produce clothing from entirely recycled materials. With a vision to stop using natural resources in a careless way, ECOALF's mission is to create the first generation of recycled products with the same quality and design as the best non-recycled.
Ecoalf has developed processes to spin yarn from leftover materials, including:
- discarded coffee grounds
- recycled cotton for t-shirts
- wool leftover fabrics
- used tyres for flip flops (see video below).
- The production and sale of swimwear and jackets has enabled ECOALF to recycle more than 200 million plastic bottles.
- ECOALF Foundation has managed to collect 500 tons of trash from the bottom of the Mediterranean Sea.
- All ECOALF products abide with the REACH standard.
- All of ECOALF’s providers have at least one Bluesign® certification, STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
- ECOALF has created an internal compromise with all its providers, demanding at least one of the following certifications: BSCI or SA8000.
- ECOALF has taken part in more than 1000 conferences and forums, accepting that scientific knowledge and its technological derivatives are an eminently social product and recognising the importance of diffusion and divulgation of science.