Circular Change connecting circular economy platforms in Central and Eastern Europe
Circular Change, together with other Coordination Group members (Sitra, INEC), took part in several activities to connect relevant circular economy stakeholders in Central and Eastern Europe. From France to Serbia, Circular Change fostered the debate about the circular economy in the following events:
- Participation in a conference on circular economy Kreislaufwirtschaft: Gestalten einer nachhaltigen Zukunft in der Alpen-Adria Region as a keynote speaker presenting the ECESP. The cross-border conference was organised as a part of the Interreg project Connect SME Plus together with the Economic Union of Carinzia (Austria).
- Participation in cooperation with the Austrian csr & communication in the BCSSS Research Group Circular Economy Systems intending to explore and advance the interdisciplinary theoretical foundations of a Circular Economy in relation to systems research as well as the various applications of a pathway towards it, advancing the current status quo of Circular Economy research and applications, e.g. reuse, recycle, upcycle and downcycle.
- Contributing to the development of the Sustainable Alpine Tourism Initiative (SATI).
- Participation in the Montenegrin online talks Green Days 2020: Rethinking Development together with a Sitra representative Jyri Arponen as one of the speakers.
- Circular Change welcomed the initiative by the Serbian Chamber of Commerce and Eko Corner addressing different stakeholders to share their insights, ideas, projects, solutions that are relevant in the context of COVID 19 and introduced best practices of the ECESP members related to the "corona crisis" in their newsletter.
- Co-organised with UNDP an event in Belgrade - introducing ECESP as well as the CE Roadmap process to which Circular Change has been contributing in Serbia.
- Contribution to the initiative Circular Week 2020 run by Polish Circular Hotspot & Innowo with other partners (including Institut National de l'Economie Circulaire, France).