Adhesives industry: water-soluble adhesives facilitate return and reuse bottle schemes and end-of-life recycling
When bottles are used in the reuse sector, the adhesive must be alkaline-soluble. Only then can a smooth process in the bottle cleaning machine, and thus efficient implementation of environmentally friendly reusable processes, be guaranteed.
The adhesives for reusable bottles produced by Türmerleim are synthetic-based or part-synthetic based. They are characterised by a low consumption rate, thus playing a part in the sustainable handling of our resources. Furthermore, significant benefits are reaped in terms of logistics and storage thanks to their long shelf-life. Türmerleim's adhesives must meet the following requirements:
- high level of alkaline solubility
- smooth automation process
- excellent wet adhesive strength
- high cost-effectiveness
- high resistance to ice and condensation water
- vegan composition
The use of such adhesives is expected to:
- promote reuse and recycling of returnable glass bottles. Reusable glass bottles can be filled up to 50 times, making them the most environmentally-friendly choice for the beverage supply chain.
- enable efficient labelling and cleaning of returnable glass bottles
- make it easier to remove labels from returned bottles in the cleaning process
- facilitate recycling at end-of-life