LIFE Green Sewer is a LIFE Program funded project that aims to implement a new secondary wastewater treatment applicable to both municipal and industrial waters, through the innovative integration of direct-indirect osmosis technologies with an anaerobic membrane bioreactor that makes it possible:
- to obtain biogas, nutrients and water for reuse and
- to monitor and reduce pollutant discharges and energy consumption in a circular economy paradigm.
Main activity field:
The main results expected from LIFE Green Sewer are as follows:
- recovery of resources, obtaining biogas, nutrients and water for reuse;
- monitoring and reduction of discharges of emerging pollutants and pathogens, and
- reduction of energy consumption and water losses, as well as decrease in the operating costs of the secondary treatment of wastewater.