Circular Economy Advocacy - A Strategy towards a Circular Fashion Industry in Europe
Waste and pollution from the production of textiles and clothing have become critical global issues. This report launched by Ecopreneur.eu and the European Sustainable Business Federation calls for decisive policy measures based on 5 pillars:
- Innovation policies: funding research programmes, investment tax deduction, support for technological development and SMEs.
- Economic incentives: procurement, extended producer responsibility, VAT, tax shift.
- Regulation: common regulatory framework for transparency and traceability, circular design, improved end-of-waste status.
- Trade policies: facilitating export of reusable textile waste and avoiding negative social impacts in producing countries.
- Voluntary actions: covenants, commitments and standards to engage stakeholders.