This local event, included in the EU Industry Weeks 2022, consists of an exchange of good practices by European regions addressing circular economy incentives for SMEs through the Taxonomy regulation for the classification of economic activities with a substantial contribution to the transition towards the circular economy.
The event on 11 February is intended for regional government, policymakers, regional agencies, SMEs and their support organisations.
- 11:00 - 11:05 Welcome and introduction, Mikel IRUJO, Minister of Economic and Business Development, Government of Navarra
- 11:05 - 11:20 A more sustainable industry in Europe through the transition to a greener and circular economy by SMEs, Alberto VALENZANO, GROW.D2, European Commission
- 11:20 - 11:35 Benefits for SMEs of taxonomy regulation and of voluntary reporting of economic activities, Georg Raab, Taxonomy work stream across, DG GROW, European Commission
- 11:35 - 12:20 Good practices at regional level using the taxonomy regulation as a tool for the definition of incentives towards circularity:
- The Navarre region case in the implementation of taxonomy for accelerating the transition, Uxue ITOIZ, Director General for industry, energy and strategic projects, Government of Navarra
- EU Regional experience 1
- EU Regional experience 2
- 12:20 - 12:25 Q&A
- 12:25 - 12:30 Closing remarks, Sergio PEREZ GARCIA. General Director for Foreign Affairs, Government of Navarra
For registration please click here.