V International Circular Economy Forum in Peru - Building the Ecosystem for a Circular Economy
The V International Circular Economy Forum (V FIEC) is intended for a broad national and international audience, and has been organised since 2018 by the Peruvian Ministry of the Environment and the European Union Delegation in Lima, as well as Peru's Ministry of Production, Ministry of Agrarian Development and Irrigation and Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism. This year's event will take place on 13, 14 and 15 September 2022, and will address issues raised by various economic stakeholders regarding the transition towards a circular economy.
It will also provide opportunities for cooperation. Plenary sessions and round tables will cover a wide array of trending topics:
- How are collaborative networks contributing to circular ecosystems?
- How to build a circular ecosystem that accelerates the transition in Peru
- How to enable and empower a manufacturing and industrial circular ecosystem
- The vast potential and best practices of the agrifood circular ecosystem
- The financial mechanisms driving the circular transition: how to boost green financing
- Advances and successful experiences of financial instruments for circular companies
- How to support local areas as they move to a circular economy
The opening message will consist of a presentation on the circular economy in the European Union, given by Virginijus Sinkevičius, European Commissioner for the Environment, Oceans and Fisheries. The first plenary session will open with a keynote speech by Ladeja Godina Košir on the key role of cooperation between stakeholders in the circular transition, citing multistakeholder platforms such as the European Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform (ECESP), different approaches to stakeholder enagagement in the national roadmap process for the transition to the circular economy, and insights into Chatham House's global circular economy roadmap initiative.