What will the German Presidency deliver on Circular Economy?
FEAD, the European Federation for Waste Management and Environmental Services, represents the private waste and resource management industry across Europe.
FEAD is organising a webinar - on 5 November 2020 at 10:00-11:30 - focussing on the on-going discussions under the German Presidency of the Council with regard to the new Circular Economy Action Plan and the key measures that are needed to ensure the full achievement of EU ambitions.
It will discuss where we stand as to some main deliverables including measures to boost recycling markets, such as mandatory recycled contents and eco-design, and waste exports, waste-to-energy and landfilling. It will also address how the EU Recovery Plan renders waste management and the circular economy a key priority.
- Christoph EPPING, Head of the Resource and Waste Department at the German Federal Ministry of the Environment, German Presidency, Berlin
- MEP Jan HUITEMA, Rapporteur on the new Circular Economy Action Plan, European Parliament - ENVI Committee (Renew Europe, Netherlands)
- MEP Sirpa PIETIKÄINEN, Shadow-Rapporteur on the new Circular Economy Action Plan, European Parliament - ENVI Committee (EPP, Finland)
- Mattia PELLEGRINI, Head of Unit, Waste Management and Secondary Materials, DG ENV, European Commission
- Stéphane ARDITI, Policy Manager for Circular Economy, Products & Waste, European Environmental Bureau
- Peter KURTH, FEAD President
Moderation: Jacki DAVIS, Meade Davis Communications
This is a free online debate. Click here for registration.