Riihimäki's circular economy roadmap
The town of Riihimäki, already a member of FISU (Finnish Sustainable Communities), a network of Finnish municipalities committed to becoming waste-free, has adopted a CE roadmap focusing on the participation of local actors.
The roadmap covers five themes:
- Carbon neutral energy production and consumption
- Sustainable circulation and ecologically efficient town structure
- Sustainable consumption of natural resources and CE
- Diversity of nature and comfortable living environment
- Inhabitant responsibility.
The Riihimäki roadmap also includes commitments to CE by local companies and communities.