Society 2030: Spirit of Progress is Diageo's 10-year action plan to help create a more inclusive & sustainable world. This global leader in beverage alcohol has set itself 25 goals aligned to the UN's SDGs.
Becoming sustainable by design aims to:
- Achieve zero waste in Diageo's direct operations and zero waste to landfill in the supply chain
- Ensure 100% packaging is widely recyclable (or reusable/compostable)
- Continue reducing total packaging and increasing recycled content in packaging (10% reduction in weight + increase in recycled content to 60%)
- Ensure 100% plastics is designed to be widely recyclable (or reusable/compostable) by 2025 and achieve 40% recycled content in plastic bottles by 2025, and 100% by 2030
- Develop regenerative agriculture pilot programmes
Main activity field:
By 2026 Diageo will replenish more water than they use in all their water-stressed areas. By 2030
- every drink they make will use 30% less water than today
- all their operations will be net zero carbon and powered by 100% renewable energy
- they will partner with their suppliers to halve the carbon in their supply chain
- Diageo will achieve zero waste in their direct operations and zero waste to landfill throughout their supply chain
- 100% of their packaging will be widely recyclable and 60% of it made from recycled material.