Resortecs solves recycling complexity with dissolvable threads
Zippers and buttons make garment recycling complicated as the removal of such details calls for manual assistance, making the process both costly and time consuming.
Resortecs® solves this problem by supplying a thread that simply dissolves at a high temperature. This thread makes both repairing and recycling much simpler.
When used for regular seams, the whole piece of clothing can easily be disassembled so that the fabric can be used over and over in new ways, cutting the need to produce fabric from scratch. Resortec’s innovation does not limit the creativity of the designer and/or product developer.
Resortecs’ thread does not require modifications in manufacturing or design. It is one of the simplest and most affordable ways for brands to advance towards product circularity. For brands already on the path to circularity, Resortecs’ thread allows to optimise their processes and to recover more fabric (by getting rid of the hard points) but also to re-use adornments, high value material, zippers and buttons.
- Resortecs® enables sustainability conscious fashion brands a simple and affordable path to circular manufacturing.
- Thermo-dissolvable thread supports circular textile recycling by allowing for easy disassembly of textiles.
- The low dependency on manual labor allows for local recycling.
- Innovation provides the brands with an alternative source of material now locally sourced. At a macro scale, this local source of material offers the potential for stakeholders to reinforce Europe's textile industry and develop a short supply chain model.
- Dissolvable stitching thread allows for easy repair, which represents a major manual cost today.
- Resortecs® makes circular economy understandable to the general public through the visual character of disassembly.