Sneakers made by nature
Italian start up Dress-to-live saw the light in April 2018 with the purpose of producing sustainable fashion, with the least environmental impact possible.
Dress-to-live now features 10 partners, mostly coming from the fashion industry, who wanted to be among those who are making a difference. They first launched their product - WAO shoes - on a crowdfunding platform and then they were able to open their e-commerce. They now sell only at sustainable fairs and online not to overproduce or follow the rushed fashion timing.
All 12 parts of WAO shoes are made with natural, innovative and sustainable materials which come from the earth and return to it at the end of their cycle.
- upper part: hemp and wood fiber, in ecru or dyed (natural) colours
- insole: cork and coconut (natural) fiber
- lining: hemp and organic cotton, as well as laces.
- sole: made with Go!Zero rubber by Gommus, up to 100% degradable.
At the end of their lifecycle, Dress-to-live collects the shoes and separates the parts for compost and mixed waste, feeding worms with the organic parts.
4% of the sale is donated to non-profit organizations supporting the environment/animal welfare.
- All 12 parts are made from natural materials
- No seasonal shoes, so no wastage in production
- Cruelty-free shoes, as no use is made of animal based products
- Soles can be composted up to 100 % in very short periods of time (12 to 36 months under optimum conditions), and in complete absence of phytotoxicity
- Colouring plants are cultivated, harvested and dried before the extraction of natural pigments
- Maximum use of natural resources
- Clear and accessible supply chain: all suppliers are local firms and artisans
- All suppliers are sensitive to the environmental and workers' issues.