Waste Management in Europe. Good Jobs in the Circular Economy?
The report was commissioned by the European Federation of Public Service Unions (EPSU) to inform a workshop on "the future of the waste sector in Europe: challenges and opportunities for workers" held on 7th December 2017 in Brussels.
The report deals with the following questions:
- What are the EU policies towards waste management?
- What are the implications of the circular economy for the waste management sector?
- What is the public/private provision in waste management in Europe?
- Which multinational companies dominate the sector?
- What are the current collective bargaining arrangements?
- What are the opportunities and obstacles for organising waste management workers in Europe?
The report focuses on:
- Improving the health and safety of workers
- Ensuring quality jobs.