Under the auspices of the Slovenian EU Council Presidency and the Hungarian Visegrad Group Presidency, on 27 September 2021 the BIOEAST Initiative is organising an online BIOEAST Foresight Conference, a high-level foresight event on positioning sustainable and circular bioeconomies in Central and Eastern Europe to achieve climate neutrality by 2050.
The conference (in English) is intended for policy-makers, experts, and stakeholder representatives from BIOEAST countries and other EU Member States, as well as EU institutions.
Its objectives are:
- to present the BIOEAST Foresight Report
- to internalize the foresight experts’ recommendations and
- to debate about priority issues, policy support, and possible pathways.
The conference aims to bring further the findings of the Foresight Report and to debate about priorities in seven thematic areas:
- food systems
- fresh water
- biochemical and biomaterials
- bioenergy and
- research, education and skills.
Click here for the draft programme.
Registration is required.