How to develop a Circular City Strategy: a webinar by the European Investment Bank
Local governments play an essential role in guiding their cities into circular action and overcoming the main barriers to change. But how exactly can cities lead the circular economy transition?
To support this transition, the European Investment Bank (EIB) has established the Circular City Centre (C3), a competence and resource centre that aims to support EU cities in their circular economy transition by:
- sharing resources and practical information to support circular action
- providing Circular City Advisory programmes that support cities in planning and implementing their circular transition and
- raising awareness about relevant advisory and financing opportunities for circular projects.
The C3 has been developed with support from the European Commission via the InvestEU Advisory Hub and in collaboration with Circle Economy, an Amsterdam-based non-profit organisation that worked with over 30 cities on their transition toward circularity. The C3 webinar series aim to share the information and learnings generated within the C3.
The C3 webinars create a forum for exchange of knowledge, information and experiences that can support city-level circular action. This third C3 webinar on 5 October 2022 at 10:00 - 11:45 CEST will focus on the importance of developing a circular economy strategy for cities, and how this can be done. During the webinar, representatives from the EIB and Circle Economy will present the third C3 guidance document: Towards European circular cities: A guide for developing a Circular City Strategy.
The webinar will include:
- a summary of the C3 goals, activities and current progress to date
- an overview of the new C3 guidance document Towards European circular cities: A guide for developing a Circular City Strategy
- a summary of existing circular economy strategies within the EU, drawing on work carried out by JASPERS
- cities sharing experiences
- an update on the C3 Circular City Advisory programme and its current engagements with cities to showcase how this support can help cities develop and implement a circular city strategy.
The webinar is targeting city representatives and other stakeholders interested in accelerating the circular economy. It will consider the needs of cities that are at an early stage of their circular transition, and cities that have progressed further in their journey.
The webinar series is open to all other relevant stakeholders within cities, entrepreneurs and organisations from business, education and research, across Europe and to all who want to learn more about the different opportunities offered by the circular economy.