CEnTOUR or how to help SMEs in the tourism sector transition towards circular economy
CEnTOUR - CIRCULAR ECONOMY IN TOURISM is a three-year European project funded by COSME (deadline: September 2023). It is a strategic opportunity to develop and test innovative ideas to support small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the tourism sector towards the transition to a circular economy, by fostering an integrated system at local/regional level.
CEnTOUR promotes innovative solutions for sustainable tourism development and management of tourism enterprises, through transnational cooperation and knowledge transfer, in particular towards SMEs focused on local supply chains and creating industrial symbiosis to develop circular business models.
- Developing a framework for schemes supporting SMEs in the transition to a circular economy system in particular through industrial symbiosis
- Increasing the competitiveness of tourism SMEs involved by improving their capacity, certification, innovative products, services and marketing opportunities
- Boosting innovation in sustainable tourism through knowledge transfer and cross-sectorial collaboration
- Increasing transnational cooperation between tourism SMEs as well as between SMEs and incubators, accelerators and knowledge providers
- Enhanced transnational cooperation of public and private stakeholders (including SMEs) on tourism sustainability
- Policy Recommendations, Support Scheme Framework.