Clariter - turning end-of-life plastic into new ingredients and products
Clariter has created a revolutionary chemical recycling (upcycling) process that provides a large-scale solution for the world's plastic waste problem. The technology accepts the majority of plastic waste streams, and not only helps to clean the planet effectively, but also creates a strongly profitable business opportunity.
Rather than recycling plastic waste into intermediates which require further processing, Clariter transforms it into 3 industrial, ready-to-use product families: oils, waxes, and solvents. These pure fossil-fuel alternatives are used as ingredients to make over 1000 clean, everyday end- and consumer products.
The footprint of Clariter's process is net carbon negative and preferable to landfill, incineration and other pyrolysis-based solutions. Their technology is proven through an operational Pilot Plant in Gliwice, Poland, and a Demonstration Plant in East London, South Africa. Their offices are based in Israel, Poland, Luxembourg, and The Netherlands.
Without compromise on profitability or sustainability, Clariter unlocks the value of the Circular Economy.
For more information click here.
Clariter transforms plastic waste nobody wants into products everybody needs. Plastic waste is seen as a valuable resource which is upcycled to produce pure industrial oils, solvents, and waxes.
Clariter has been:
- selected as the first company to benefit from free EIB financial advisory
- named as one of Solar Impulse Foundation's #1000 Solutions to Protect The Environment
- nominated as an S&P Global Platts Global Energy Awards 2020 Finalist in the category Award of Excellence – Downstream
- Best Plastic Products Recycling Specialist by CV Magazine
- Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2019 Finalist for Product Technology Innovation of the Year
- flagship project of South African BRICS by Business Council Manufacturing Working Group.