Maltese business Frank Wrap reduces single use of plastic cling film
Frank Wrap® is a natural and reusable alternative for food storage. This Natural Food Wrap replaces the single use of plastic cling film. It is made of 100% certified cotton (with low impact dyes), beeswax, pine resin and jojoba oil. It has antibacterial qualities that help to keep food fresh. It is plastic-free, durable, washable, reusable, compostable, sustainable and reusable up to a year.
The Frank Wrap® Beeswax Blend Bar is used to refresh your old Frank Wrap® or to create a new one using your own cotton fabric. Frank Wrap® reduces your consumption of plastic and at the same time supports the local community.
Frank Wrap® donates to Hospice Malta through its online store. All of its products are handmade in Malta, and are natural, biodegradable and eco-friendly.
- Each food wrap can be refreshed using the signature Beeswax Blend Bar by Frank Wrap.
- The cotton used is certified OEKO Tex Standard 100.
- The beeswax is locally sourced (no transport costs).
- Each food wrap replaces on average two rolls of plastic food wrap per year.
- Fruit, vegetables, bread, cheese or regular food stays fresh for longer (less food waste) because the fabric breathes and the beeswax has antibacterial properties.
- The food wrap is reusable, washable and compostable.
- Lower carbon footprint than conventional food packaging if used repeatedly.
- It reduces the consumption of single use plastic cling film.
- Frank Wrap® promotes workshops around Malta teaching audiences how to make food wraps with their own fabric.