A two-year stakeholders’ consultation on the construction and infrastructure value chains
This paper by ENEA focuses on circular economy in the construction sector, by illustrating the main market dynamics related to materials for buildings and infrastructures, and active and/or potential value chain collaborations in a circular and industrial symbiosis perspective.
The paper offers an overview of:
- the relevance of construction and infrastructure value chains within the EU economy,
- their potential for circularity, resource efficiency and decarbonisation and
- the main barriers and levers.
- the Environmental European Bureau (EEB), within the ECESP Leadership Group Construction, led by ENEA in 2020, and
- alchemia-nova and Innowo, within the ECESP Leadership Group Construction & Infrastructure, led by Holland Circular Hotspot in 2021.