Towards circular building cities: nine new action plans
How can a city boost the circular economy in its local construction sector?
The URGE project, co-funded by the URBACT programme, brought together nine cities and their stakeholders to develop new strategies for circular building cities. This summer, the cities’ action plans were delivered.
Some of the actions that will be taken:
- Data collection on C&D waste in Prato
- Introductory course on the circular economy in higher education in Riga
- Innovation incubator for waste reduction in Copenhagen
- Tax discounts for circular construction in Granada
- Scaling circular construction material hubs in Utrecht.
Curious about all nine action plans? More information is available here.