An increasing number of countries consider implementing a deposit return system for single-use beverage containers to address today’s challenges, i.e.:
- meeting new waste recovery targets,
- ending littering and
- moving towards a circular economy.
TOMRA shares lessons learnt from its 45+ years’ experience of innovating and managing deposit return systems globally in a new white paper including:
- outcomes of effective deposit return systems
- 4 key principles and 12 elements of high-performing deposit return systems
- dozens of case studies on real-world implementation of deposit return policy.
The white paper seeks to contribute to an educated discussion on recycling best practice – including what can be learnt from the past and what the future may look like.