The garden, outdoor power and power tools industries have already implemented main principles of the EU circular economy policy
The garden, outdoor power and power tools industries have developed a joint position paper on the different principles of the circular economy the industries are already applying.
Given the proximity to nature and to the natural environment, these industries are committed towards protecting the environment and are already taking measures to minimise the life-cycle impact of products in the environment addressing the following issues:
- Design of durable and reliable products
- Application of material efficiency and hazardous substances substitution
- Limiting noise and exhaust emissions
- Reparability and extending product lifetime
- Integrating recyclability and safe waste management aspects at the design stage
- Limiting packaging and its impacts
- New business models
More details on the specific measures can be found in the position paper.